Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Victory, at last!

It truly is a famous win that India has clinched at Johannesberg. This success must taste sweeter given that the team was treated with a white-wash and had to bear with a painful, win-less history in this country. But I am going to hold all my opinions till the boxing day test is over.

No team enjoys a loss in front of its home crowd - be it Cricket or Football. I am sure this powerful blow has sent the right wake-up calls to the home team's dressing room. These guys are pro, and will come back very hard in the next game. It will be a real test for the Indian team, and would be interesting to watch.

The visitors have a very good chance of series win, but in my opinion, it is still quite a distance away. Lack of patience and complacency can do them in. Certainly, the hard work has paid off. Yet, to what degree the team keeps up with its professionalism that it showed on first two days remains to be seen.

Until then, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: