Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I am back

Well, if a considerably long vacation before [re]joining the corporate world, sounded like a nice idea, to have been able to do that was nicer.

Along the way, I tried my best to keep track of the trek in my notebook : I tried to be as verbose in my writing as I could, after a tiring (and at the same time refreshing for the mind) day's walk. I shall post them soon : I have a lot of typing work to do!

I remember a scene in Robert Zemeckis-Tom Hanks masterpiece, Cast Away. The hero is back to the civilized world after being stranded on an uninhabited island for ~6 years. They give a grand party upon his arrival. He spots a tiny cigarette lighter on the table and clicks it and, then there is fire... At the same time the audience is reminded of his, "I made the fire!" shout, his pains, his infinite efforts for such a trivial thing as fire.

Now that we have returned from the trek, with ~50kms of walks through mountains in five days, when I look at this figure, it doesn't look that big. 50 kms in five days is about 10 kms a day, approximately one-way distance to IISc from my new home! Believe me it was unimaginably more demanding than that :)

The notes in my diary are in the pipeline...hang on!

No comments: