Thursday, January 08, 2004

A poem as an exercise - in Industrial Design!!

A poem as an exercise - in Industrial Design!!

Here it goes - to make us think creatively, first exercise set was to write a poem. The topic is "Engineering". Here is my performance ---

Nature ponders :
You always have been a curious character
You showed it when you designed a wheel,
and lighted safely that useful fire.

You have never looked back since then,
Be it crossing of oceans so never-ending
Or a simple fountain pen.
Well, who can forget the great bullet train?

And then came this new kid on the block.
You conceived a thinking machine
And oh - that idiot box, and then
A man not human who sings as you walk

I wonder what's going to be the next
As I struggle to maintain my balance and
Not to look too obsolete an object

Man says -
I always have been a curious character.
I proved it when I took to the skies
And revved first engine afire.

I have never looked back since then
Be it exploring of space so never-ending
Or a massive beast called a crane,
Well, who can forget robots that look like men?

And then you have this new kid on the block
I devised instruments that would rock
And those friendy gadgets, though emotionless,
would still, well, talk.

I wonder what's going to be the next
Pity that boy who can't quite appreciate
The wonderful sunrise of so much delight.

Yet quite relaxed remain I, for we could never ever
Ever become so wise and divine
As to engineer a poem that is so humanly mine!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: