Monday, March 27, 2006

Thoughts, assorted

I have discovered new joys in cooking. It was confidence boosting exercise when I made five chapatis on Saturday, and found them good to my liking. If not anything else, cooking is a great pastime.
---

I don't remember when was the last time I watched TV. I guess it must have been sometime early December of the last year. Sounds good?
---

It gave me kind of shivers when I touched the 48V telephone line with bear hands. I was doing some do-it-yourself repair to my phone connection, when I discovered that the wire was live, it was well, a shocking experience.
---

Bangalore weather is back to its anomalous behaviour. When I woke up to cloudy sky today morning, I decided to take the rain-jacket with me. By the time I left my home, it was bright and shiny. By the time I was in office, it was almost raining. Having finished "State of Fear" by consuming six hundred odd pages over the weekend, the weather for sure is playing on my mind. At least for now.
---

Suspicion is a very good movie, starring my favourite hero from the past, Cary Grant. As Isabel, the murder-mystery writer from the movie says, "murderers are not villains, but heroes of my stories," Cary seems to be villainous throughout, but he is not. After all, that's what is acting, isn't it - pretend to be something one is not! What better combination can you ask for than Grant-Hitchcock? (well, maybe, Hanks-Zemeckis?)

No comments: