Saturday, March 11, 2006

All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter

I remember this wonderful song from The Lord Of the Rings,

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.


Even though all that is gold does not glitter, the converse, however is true. All that is gold does glitter, doesn't it?

Last week when I received Gold Medal in a very simple, yet majestic, ceremony at IISc, I felt fortunate and held a sense of pride. It has been a wonderful achievement for me. In this post, I had acknowledged the contributions of everyone who were with me, who helped me achieve it. I owe it to them.

I guess by publishing the photo below, and writing with so much passion about the medal and achievement, I have not been too modest, but let it be that way. I just want to express my joy, that's that.


Me receiving the CEDT Design Gold Medal from Director Prof. P. Balaram


Me and the medal

No comments: