Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sunrise Sunset

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

I recall this wonderful song from The Fiddler on the Roof. How true - Swiftly fly the years, one season following another, laden with happiness and tears!

As the year nears its end, I feel a bit sad and of course anxious about what lies in the next year to come. How many years can you tell (or can you exclude from a list) that have defined your life? If I am asked this question, I would say, barring the year I was born (:-)), the last three years have defined me in life. Of course, I am not taking anything away from all those past years it has taken me to reach this stage. Yet out of past three years, the last year in particular was the most eventful.

Well, at second thoughts, I have decided not to give out the list of events, which would make this post too personal. Besides, It was not only me who had such a wonderful year (hmm!).

If I don't say, "The year just flew by - how fast the time passes", I might be held for blasphemous conduct in writing the year-end post. Thus now I escape am free of that guilt. It was not really all that fast though- as I can still remember all the [important] events as they took place. And I'll always remember this year...

As I look ahead turning my back to the past year, I try to see new horizons, new challenges, new roads. Right now though I don't see anything specific - it's just matter of time. I feel I have a lot of things to do - a lot to learn, a lot to write (I am sorry, the reader has to bear with me - sigh, no breather for you!), a lot to listen to, a lot to see and a lot to what-not. A lot to experience. I feel recharged...

I always get puzzled when I see a photograph of sunrise. How do I prove it to be a sunrise and not a sunset? I have never got a satisfactory answer to this. The Sun will set for the last time in this year in two days and it will rise for the first time next thing. Now, if I take two pictures, how do I prove one is of the Sun setting and the other is of the Sun rising. They would look [almost] the same. I have had a wonderful year, all of us have. Let's carry it forward into the next year...

I am sure there is no reason for the days not to be as happy as they are today - in fact they are bound to get happier.

Well, that's alright. The Sun is going to set and it is going to rise. That may well be the end of the story. But I guess it is not complete without one important ritual. I must do it. I must do it now-

Wish you all a very happy new year!

No comments: