Friday, August 12, 2005

Random thoughts

What do you call a phone to be used either on war-front or on the sea-shore ?

- A Shell-phone?

--

I have actually started liking the heavy traffic of Bangalore. It gives me so much of free time!

And I have learnt to guess the time by listening to the FM radio they play in the bus every day. It's "weather in Bangalore" time when I board the bus. Then it is some contest that puts enthusiasts on air when I reach the office at around 9 o'clock.

The function that transports me to the office is neither linear, nor time invariant. I guess it is an NP-hard problem!

--

It was an experience watching Michael Vaughan racing to his one-and-half century. He never looked too dangerous, but then he kept scoring. I guess before the Aussies realised the situation, it was already out of their hands. Waiting for Freddie.

These British cricket grounds are awesome. I envy the county-cricket players who get to play on such world-class grounds. That reminds me, Sandeep once told me that IISc's was Bangalore's best non-Chinnaswamy-stadium cricket ground. Now if I take a direct bus from my home to IISc, which travels almost the entire Bangalore, I can see a few cricket grounds where the league matches in progress. I now believe Sandeep.

--

The Sankey tank used to be a wonderful outing. The tank per se still is, but not the walk-way around it. They have dug up all the soil they can find and made it very difficult for the walkers. Hope they set it right soon.

Money can speed up construction works of huge corporate buildings. I have seen the gigantic DELL building coming up within a year. But I guess the landscaping takes its own time. The trees (like in Lord of the Rings) do not do things in haste. And they don't grow faster. Applying the same rule, what worries me is the diminished greenery around the Sankey tank walk-way. It really is going to take a long time.

--

No comments: