Saturday, May 28, 2005

Infinity

(1)


In my humble opinion (if it counts at all) I am an ordinary person. I know many things but that's not it. I can do many things. But so what? Many can do a lot of wonderful things. I can think. And there is no dearth of great thinkers among us. Who are they to decide if someone is great or not? Are they really ordinary? And obviously, who are they to decide if people are ordinary also? Are they the extra ordinary people? Every person is a mine of gold. He may not have realised the value of it; but sooner or later he will. What of it if I have found it (if that's what you want to observe). That doesnot mean much for me.

In my humble opinion, I am an ordinary person, and I expect to remain so.

I know I have a knack of doing things differently. And a passion for doing a lot of things. But that I have learnt from the fellows around me. I was not born with that, it's the life around me that has polished the coal. And surprisingly enough, they have found it to be gold. I will not underestimate myself, though. For I know what I know. And I know what I don't know.

Let's keep it at that. Thank you.

(2)


He is a renowned scientist, a philosopher, an artist par excellence, truly, a genius. There are some living miracles- those who when touch anything, the thing turns to gold. He is one of those rare species on Earth. You will struggle to find a topic about which he can't speak, or can't direct to a person, his friend, who can. He has led people to great laurels, he has revitalised so many lives, and he continues to do so. Relentlessly. People of this world write to him, and to their surprise, he replies to them : in their own language! His words soothing, comforting and encouraging, as fresh as ever.

Conflicts between the greatest of men is so common! Given this, there being so many great characters around, it is simply amazing that all of them agree upon a single statement : He is without any doubt, the world leader of today. Maybe the people are putting so great a burden of expectations on Him, that I shudder at the thought of his failing to stand up to it. But that doesn't happen. And I believe a failure could never happen with Him.

(3)

After His emotional address to the people of this world, it just got confirmed that infinity less infinity is still infinity!

No comments: