Sunday, April 03, 2005

One world - one number

"GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) is the most popular standard for mobile phones in the world. GSM phones are used by over a billion people across more than 200 countries."

Not quite over one billion.

Well, over one billion plus one!

After a long period of prohibition and self-restraint, I have finally taken the plunge. I am now one of those over one billion GSM phone service customers. I won't say, I am now "connected", for I was always connected even before. The telephone, though, provides a better way of such a connection. And I would take undue advantage of having the ownership of this monolouge, and say, "now, you are connected" ;-)

My ex-boss used to say, "is there a need for fashionable names for persons, can't numbers suffice?". In that case, my number would be +91-9880943649.